July 14, 2011

How to: Cover Under Eye Circles

Just admit it, we all have under eye circles. I know I do. Some are worse than others but these helpful tricks and tips will help you cover them. I found my two favorite under eye concealers and they are both from the drugstore. :) I've tried high end concealers but I found that these two work best.

I use Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer and Garnier Skin-Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller.

This is the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer. I use the Light 210 shade and it matches perfectly. They have a wide range of colors to match everyone's skin tone. You blend the concealer and the white part together and it becomes smooth. I don't care if you're supposed to be old to use this but I'm 21 and love it!! This concealer is $12.99 at CVS.


This is the Garnier Skin-Renew Anti Dark Circle Roller. This roller has caffeine in it to depuff your eyes. It goes on cool and feels really good. This is a tinted roller so the color is very light. If you have a darker complexion this won't work well for you (sorry). This concealer is $12.99 at CVS.
Application

I apply my under eye concealer after I have applied my foundation and set it with powder. I don't like setting my concealer with powder because I found that it creases more but it's your preference. When applying concealer always use your ring finger since it applies the lightest pressure. You don't want to irritate your eyes so never ever rub or SCRUB your eye makeup off. You have to be very gentle. Also, always dab your concealer NEVER rub back and forth (it will look streaky and that's not cute). 
Take whichever concealer you will be using and pat it under your eye. Dab from left to right (or right to left) while looking up. Make sure to get under your lower eye lashes. Remember to dab and never rub back and forth. Also, dab into the inner corner of your eye.After you have done this use the rest of the concealer on your finger and go in a triangle motion (below). If you need to apply more concealer go ahead just don't make it look caked on. Applying your concealer in a triangle motion will even out any shadows and create a flat canvas for the rest of your makeup. I learned this fun trick (to go in a triangle) from Kandee Johnson. I saw this on one of her youtube videos and have done it ever since. Go ahead and try it. :) You'll look more alive and awake in no time.



I hope this helps you hide your under eye circles. Let me know if you try this and if it works for you. :) Also, if you have any under eye concealing tips and tricks share them with me. 


Fun Quote of the Day:
"Do I love you because you're beautiful, Or are you beautiful because I love you?"
~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment